Sunday, April 13, 2008

GREY'S ANATOMY IS COMING BACK


That's a big deal. Thursday April 24 at 9 p.m., I will be avoiding all homework and sitting down to enjoy my favorite television show. Actually, other than The Soup on E! I don't watch t.v. (except news of course!), but this is a big deal. Ever since the writers' strike began, I was cringing every time a new episode ended, worried that I wouldn't be given the teaser clips from next week's episode. Well, eventually the unavoidable truth came and I didn't get footage from the next week's episode. But thanks to the magic of patience and speedy writing from Shonda Rhimes, the 24th (that's next Thursday!), I'll be enjoying my Grey's fix.

Moral to the story here is that beyond the unrealisitically goodlooking doctors at Seattle Grace Hospital, there is music that is chosen to perfectly fit the tension of the show. There are so many artists that Grey's Anatomy has introduced me to that I never would have heard about, but now love. The sountracks to seasons 1 and 2 are both equipped with some of the best solo artist songs I've ever heard. Or bands with names I can't pronounce correctly. Whatever it is, it's worth listening to.

These artists/songs have reached the top of my "Top 25 Most Played" on iTunes, or are getting preeeetttty close, all thanks to this delightful drama about scalpels and scandals:

Ingrid Michaelson
Finally someone was smart enough to put "The Way I Am" on the radio. It's simple and calm. It's easy to work to. The words are most definitely relative to anyone's lives, in the way that it describes the way someone would do whatever it takes for someone else in love.

Kate Havnevik
Usually during the most tense of scenes on Grey's, Kate Havnevik's extremely light voice relaxes but is somehow able to keep with the intensity of the moment. "Grace" was on the tearjerker season 2 finale, and I don't exactly remember which season or episode "Unlike Me" was on...but still very good (plus I heard it at Max Brenner's in NYC on Thursday...Mallory was there!)

Keane - "Somewhere Only We Know"

Rilo Kiley - "Portions for Foxes"

The Cardigans - "Live and Learn"

Thirteen Senses - "Into the Fire"



11 days until I hear more music to recommend!

No comments: