Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Songs I Actually Leave on the Radio

I don't often listen to the radio. If I'm in the car, sure, but there's not much music that's too appealing to me on there. Lately, however, I don't know if my taste has been altered or if there's just better music on the radio, but I find myself enjoying a bunch of songs I'll hear on z100...and I actually like it.

American Idol winner Jordin Sparks' most recent hit "No Air" is very catchy to me, and I'm not even an avid Idol fan. I mean, her last song "Tattoo" was even pretty good.

Now, I have felt a little bit of confusion with Rihanna's new song "Take A Bow." Other than her song "Breakin' Dishes," which I haven't heard on the radio, I believe it's one of her best. The thing is, she's talking about dropping her cheater boyfriend...isn't that a little hypocritical, Rihanna? I mean, you did sing "Unfaithful" and all... Anyway, moral to the story is that "Take A Bow" is something I have since downloaded and have played on my iTunes quite a few times.

"Run the Show" by Kat DeLuna is an upbeat hit incorporating Latin roots into popular music appealing to many radio listeners today. This song was on our lacrosse warm-up C.D. and when it was blasting over the speakers you couldn't help but get your body moving.

So there you have it, a few songs I've noticed are worthy of mentioning on my blog. That takes a lot. Enjoy your radio hits and I'll hopefully be finding some more with my station surfing soon.

No comments: